Saturday, December 1, 2012

~SEPTEMBER:: IDAHO TRIP 2012


Looking at Rexburg through the Salmon fire smoke haze!

"THE THREE G-G'S"  (great-grandmas) Of course the cutie pie in the middle is MOM! And  all three of them are either 83 or about to turn 83!

Russ and I arrived in Rexburg just in time for me to play the piano for these three lovely ladies at their Ward Talent Show!  They had been practicing pretty much EVERY DAY for about two weeks before I got there!  They did a 'smashing' performance of "Be Kind to Your Parents"--which included not only singing in 3 part harmony, but doing some fancy footwork as well!!  Canes and all!
I learned that song when I was about in the 3rd Grade, and I always loved it and thought it was so fun to sing.  Here's the lyrics!

BE KIND TO YOUR PARENTS

Be kind to your parents
Though they don't deserve it
Remember that grown ups
Are in a difficult stage of life.

They're apt to be nervous
And over excited
Confused by their
Daily storm and strife.

Just keep in mind
Though it seems odd, I know,
Most parents once were children long ago!
INCREDIBLE!

So treat them with patience
And sweet understanding
In spite of the foolish things they do...

Some day you may WAKE UP
And find you're a par-ent too!


I loved every minute of it!!  They were the cutest things EVER!  These pictures were taken right after their performance & walking off the stage! They didn't know they got a STANDING OVATION because they were in this separate room.....but I had peeked out the door as soon as we got offstage and saw the audience on their feet hootin' and hollerin'!!  Wish they would have done an ENCORE! I had a member of the Ward record it on my camera--so glad I did that--cutest video ever! It was probably good that they were the last ones on the program, as they would have been a hard act to follow! They really showed the younger generation how it's done!

Richard made an unexpected trip to Rexburg while we were there--which I 'also' LOVED! Shanghai here we come!  DEAL THE CARDS!

So between him, Anna, Cheri and Vern, Mom and I--we got some gooooood card-playin' time in!   : )

Mom grabbed my camera & caught Cheri & I kinda 'unaware' :)

Sometimes our card playin' gets serious!  Looks like we're playing Phase 10 here. 

Anna's new car!!  Not BRAND new--but sure looks like it!  VERY nice!

This was just a funny little event that happened--Richard was so impressed with the way Mom had loaded her dishwasher!!  I got quite the kick out of it, so of course had to take pictures.....

He was like, "Good load job, Mom!"  I think he  definitely has some of DAD in him! Well, and Mom too!  Very clean--tidy--a place for everything & everything in its place!  My kind of man!  

The Teton Peaks!  Took this pic out the window when we were all driving to Jackson Hole, Wyoming.  (Richard, Mom, Cheri, Vern, Anna and I)


Such a beautiful drive

We arrived at the Bar J Ranch to eat 'Chuckwagon' style & to see the Bar J Wranglers perform !

They had fun places all around the lodge to walk around and see while dinner was cookin' :)

Pretty dang real-lookin' moose !

Loved this pond and the waterfall...

Looking for someone to take a picture of us all together

: )

Getting situated....

This group stuff can get complicated--ha!

Still more time for exploring before the dinner bell

Couldn't have been more perfect weather!  We all dressed warm and took jackets, thinking it'd be pretty cold




After eating a FANTASTIC dinner of steaks and/or chicken, potatoes, baked beans, applesauce, rolls and dessert--the REAL treat begins!
Bar J Wranglers

The Bar J Wranglers
Bar J Wranglers

These guys are AMAZING!
BJ Wranglers

and HILARIOUS throughout the entire show!
BJ W
They could have sung and fiddled and played half the night and we'd have been even happier!

The back of the ticket!  Nice!
-------------------------
Back to Rexburg::Mom wanted to update her photo for Facebook--so I took a few pics of her!  What a beautiful mother I have!
Photobucket

Awwwww--whenever Russ stands by Mom, she always says something about how SHORT she suddenly feels!  ; )
Photobucket

Taking more pictures before Russ & I have to leave and head for Salt Lake...then for St. George
Photobucket


Photobucket
Ha!  ALMOST got all 3 of our ENTIRE faces in it!  :D

3 comments:

  1. Awww, how fun! I love Jackson hole too...looks like SUCH a blast. Fun seeing a bunch of NEW photos, too. That GG is pretty photogenic. Love the picture of her and Russy especially! How I miss everyone in these pictures, cute post Mamacita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip!! I wish I could see the video of them singing and dancing...sounds like a hoot! And you and your mom are both SO photogenic. Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! Quite the history you're making here. Funny about the dishwasher :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...