Tuesday, August 28, 2012

~IN HONOR OF MOM TURNING 83

O.K.  So I tried to do a 'Smilebox' thing for Mom's birthday....first time I'd ever tried it....was having all kinds of fun doing it and thinking how cute it would be.  Spent lots of time picking out pictures and what order to put them in, etc.  Then when I got to the end and tried to publish it, or put it on my Blog, or whatever, THEN it brings up that you have to PAY to do that!  #@%&**#    AGG RA VA TION!!  It could be done for free if you had the size of it be about the size of a pea and no one would be able to even tell what the pictures were without a magnifying glass.  So even though it had taken me so long to do it, I wasn't going to be suckered into paying for it because they didn't inform me in the beginning that it was NOT free!  

So, I WAS trying to do something cute and DIFFERENT--but now we all know how THAT worked out.  So I decided to do a post instead--with the same pictures I had picked out.  But OF COURSE in the process of re-doing it, I kept finding more and MORE pictures that I wanted to add!  ;)  I KNOW--I'm SUCH a picture freak.  Can't help it.  Born this way.  But does a PICTURE tell a THOUSAND WORDS or not??!  Ya!!

So there are MANY pictures in this post!  I LOVE them all!  I only wish I could have taken even MORE--with different family members and friends that I know she has been with in the last couple of years.  

I LOVE this woman!  What a shining light she has always been.  Well, you all know.  We ALL love her!  The best thing we can each do for ourselves is to WATCH her--and LEARN.  She continues to teach us and show us the way, even at 83!  

These pictures are kinda random, not in any particular order, out of sequence, you name it!  None of that stuff was the point this time--just wanted to display the 'moments.'    

I think the general time covered is 2010 to August 2012.

Baby Avin






















Little Lost Bunny     

















Baby Jessa

















Baby Brightyn


























































Stupid turkey had 2 hearts!






































8 comments:

  1. Wow, I totally could have bawled during this post but held back to simply tear-filled eyes. How I love and admire my Grandma Rogers! LOVED all of the pictures, Mom...each one was fulfilling and adorable. LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. I don't know WHAT the smilebox thing is, but this post was perfect nonetheless...worth all the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Mom! That was so cute!! She is so loving, supporting, happy, funny, full of stories and advice. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Trish! It was so FUN doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, yah, good on the phone, but much better on a full computer screen! :) I especially love the picassa of our last visit each boy with Grandma...and the ones of her and I hugging...oh emotional. I love that this group of pictures captures so much of her serving and just loving her family. Love you Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah, Am. I sure HOPE it's much better on the computer screen!! Gotta get the FULL affect!! Yah, can you imagine if I also had pictures of her loving and serving all the OTHER people in her life that aren't family?!! She is a wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela Velasquez( Jacob and Matthew Rogers Mom)Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:32:00 PM

    As Nicholas, Jacob and Matthews mom I have to say this was wonderful! I wish the boys were closer and could spend more time with her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela!! Hi!! Thank you!! I wish you were closer too!! Now she's 84!! I'm hoping she'll live to be 100!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...