Tuesday, March 29, 2011

~HURRAY FOR MARCH VISITORS! -2011

Here's the Littlest Angel of the first bunch to arrive!!  Avin Michael!!

Avin and I got to play and watch Baby Signing Times while Grandpa and all the rest went swimming!

And we looked at a book or two!

WHAT A SWEET FACE!

Then we played in the backyard with the footballs and Uncle Russell  : )
And eventually.....got tuckered out and went down for a snooze.

Meanwhile, (while Avin and I were having our peaceful, 'no-injuries' special time together)  Grandpa managed to get a BLACK EYE while swimming with the rest of the kids! He went down a tube holding Austin on his lap, and Austin reared back a couple of times and smacked his head into Lamar's eye!  
(come here, honey, let me take a picture of that shiner!)
Lamar didn't know he had a black eye 'til that night when I noticed it! (he said to me "I KNEW that hurt!) : )  
Here's the cutie pie (directly above) who made that fun memory!  

New Bristle Blocks were a HIT with Austin and Joshua!
Jayden is looking more like 14 than 10!!

They're really REALLY happy "inside"---just a little sleepy when I took this!   :D  (gotta love me and my camera)
We went for a walk/ride to see the swans and the ducks, and Joshua showed me his bicycling skills!

(Amber, Lamar, Joshua and Austin all went for a hike in Snow Canyon, but didn't take the camera!  However, Lamar did have his I-phone and took a few pics--hoping to get those soon!)


On Sunday we went over to the clubhouse so Amber could play and sing her newly finished composition for us.  That girl has talent just 'shooting' out of her!!

Later that day---Bud and Char arrived!  Their first visit in TWO YEARS!!  Amber, Justin and fam left about an hour after Bud and Char arrived.

The following day--My first time to eat at this place!!  Yum!  Char and I met Bud and Lamar here after they had played 9 holes at Sun River. 

And then, YUP!  We took 'them' to see the swans!  Lamar has a new duty in the HOA of feeding the swans--so that's fun to watch.  Plus we had to show them that all the stories about the Swan King were TRUE!!  (he tries to bite your feet)

These visits are always over too quickly! The day they were leaving, the three of us went shopping to Kohl's (one of our favorite places for deals) and then went to the Parrothead for lunch--another YUM!  
They left with a PROMISE of coming down LOTS SOONER next time!!  :)


4 comments:

  1. Glad they all got to visit Mom. Dad's poor eye - funny he didn't know it was black.

    I know Am has been working on her song. Did you record it? We'll have to hear it at next sibling dinner.

    Those bristle blocks look fun - I'm guessing my boys will like them too.

    I'm working on borrowing a different car to take down. Mine just isn't reliable anymore. The tires are super bald - egh! Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was also gonna say I bet its nice to go to different places for lunch - WITHOUT younguns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post! LOVE the picture of Amber and the kids that is on the top of your blog now--gorgeous. Also, love the pics of you and Avin...and Amber and Dad hugging after her song. Sweet. Bud and Char look cute as ever--what a fun-filled few days ya'll had. Dad and his black eye.....lol. I'm sure he loves telling that story to people. :) (grandson givin' him a black eye)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this whole post...maybe expect Justin and I's super depressing looking pic :)...but I guess that was the only pic to get Justin on there :) He's still cute as ever of course. And yes, I love the style you gave that picture on the top of the page AND I can't wait for the hiking ones to get on here cause I LOVED those! Thanks mama!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...